Featuring David Schmader, Hanna Brooks Olsen, Paul Constant, Ebo Barton, Lisa Herbold, Mike O’Brien, and more!
Story slammers to take the stage with true tales of insecure, unpredictable schedules
Seattle workers are leading the fight for secure scheduling — and their stories will take center stage at our Secure Scheduling Story Slam on Thursday, June 16th, presented by Working Washington and Seattlish.
Who: Performers will include:
- Former convenience store worker, essayist, and performer David Schmader
- Slam poet and social justice leader Ebo Barton
- Barista and hiphop performer Ally Beckwith
- Former retail worker, political writer, Seattle Review of Books co-founder Paul Constant
- Retail worker and artist Holly West
The event will be co-hosted by Hanna Brooks Olsen of Seattlish and Mallory Hagel of Working Washington, and include City Councilmembers Lisa Herbold and Mike O’Brien
What: Take part in our first-ever secure scheduling story slam — picture an episode of The Moth mashed up with a City Council hearing and add a dash of a traveling carnival. (More info on our webpage.)
When: 5:30pm, Thursday, June 16, 2016. Interviews can be arranged before the event — contact Sage Wilson at Working Washington for details.
Where: Impact Hub Seattle, 220 2nd Ave S
(Yes, we scheduled this well more than two weeks in advance.)
Contact: Sage Wilson, Working Washington: email@example.com