ONLINE ORGANIZER (BILINGUAL SPANISH & ENGLISH)
Working Washington's mission is to build a powerful workers’ movement that can not only dramatically improve wages and working conditions, but can also change the local and national conversation about wealth, inequality, and the value of work.
Working Washington fast food strikers sparked the fight that won Seattle’s landmark $15 minimum wage. We successfully drove Amazon to sever ties with the right-wing lobby group ALEC and improve conditions in their sweatshop warehouses. We helped lead the winning campaign in SeaTac for a $15 living wage. And we continue to break new ground as baristas push for a landmark secure scheduling ordinance in Seattle and our organization grows across the state.
We are seeking a creative, talented, and ambitious person to join an aggressive online organizing and digital communications program aimed at substantially growing our movement and building the power of workers in our state.
The successful candidate is bilingual in Spanish and English; demonstrates knowledge of the tools and tactics of online organizing and communications; is prepared take a creative, experimental approach to online organizing and digital communications; and has a strong ability to move projects forward, engage supporters, and get things done.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Build a community of engaged members, primarily through one-to-one online outreach
- Engage workers, Working Washington supporters, and the public at large through multiple modes and tools
- Lead execution of Spanish-language media outreach and communications efforts, both digitally and through conventional broadcast & print outlets
- Help develop compelling content that moves audiences to action & engagement
- Execute creative new ideas for online organizing tools & tactics — because who wants to be petition factory?
- Communicate in a distinct, appropriate, and consistent voice in various online channels
- Contribute to Working Washington’s social media and web presence
- Maintain online organizing datasystems, and track supporters’ level of engagement
- Develop new online supporters into online leaders with Working Washington
- Experiment with innovative and forward-thinking tools & tactics to advance our campaigns, and be ready to adjust strategies as campaigns progress
- Work directly with workers and community supporters as needed to fulfill campaign goals
- Participate directly in the political and organizing work of Working Washington, including door-knocking, get-out-the-vote, signature gathering, and other campaign activities.
- Capacity to write quickly and clearly on a variety of topics without being boring
- Comfort with various social media and online platforms
- Ability to move broad engagement on various social media platforms
- Eagerness to amplify the voices of low-wage workers across the state
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
- Bilingual fluency in written Spanish and English
- Demonstrated facility for design is a plus
Staff union pay scale, based on experience. Generous benefits package, including fully-paid family health care, employer matched 401k, and vacation and sick leave.
Please send a résumé and cover letter, along with one or two relevant writing samples by June 20, 2016, to email@example.com
Working Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer