Final route and timing info for epic fast-food-worker-led march for $15 from SeaTac to Seattle City Hall
Carrying on the momentum of the landmark victory for the $15 minimum wage in SeaTac, fast food workers will lead a day-long, 8-hour march on Thursday, December 5th that traces the $15 movement’s path from our first big victory in SeaTac to our next destination — Seattle City Hall.
March route: International Blvd to Boeing Access Road to MLK to Rainier to Jackson to 4th. (Map available online with route and timing information.)
- 9:00 - brief program at SeaTac Hilton Conference Center, 17620 International Blvd, SeaTac
- 9:30 - march departs, heading north on International Blvd
- 10:30 - marchers pass Abu Bakr Mosque, 14101 International Blvd, Tukwila
- 11:40 - marchers enter Seattle city limits (Boeing Access Rd & MLK)
- 12:00 - marchers reach MLK Way S & S Henderson St
- 1:00 - lunch en route - northwest corner of Brighton Playfield (6000 39th Ave S)
- 1:20 - march continues
- 2:30 - Marchers reach Rainier & MLK
- 4:00 - Supporters gathered at Hing Hay Park (423 Maynard Ave S) join march at Jackson & Maynard
- 4:30 - Rally at City Hall (600 4th Ave)
Please note: times are estimates for planning purposes. For minute-by-minute updates throughout the day as we make our way from SeaTac to Seattle, we will be livestreaming our location during the march on goodjobsseattle.org and on twitter at #onthemarch.
Sparked by this summer’s fast food strikes, Good Jobs Seattle is a growing movement which seeks to build a sustainable future for Seattle’s economy from the middle out — by turning poverty-wage jobs in fast food and other industries into good jobs that offer opportunities for a better future and pay enough for workers to afford basic necessities like food, clothing and rent. Good Jobs Seattle is supported by organizations including Washington Community Action Network, Working Washington, OneAmerica, SEIU Healthcare 775NW and hundreds of workers and grassroots supporters.
Contact: Sage Wilson, Good Jobs Seattle: firstname.lastname@example.org