At the same time they announced their absurd lawsuit against Seattle’s $15 minimum wage, the DC-based International Franchise Association also released a video intended to make their case to the public that Seattle’s law “discriminates” against franchise systems.
Turns out every single person shown in the video is taken directly from a popular stock footage library. And the names of the video pieces they spliced together say a lot about how the franchise lobby group is trying to make their case.
A list of every single person who appears in the franchise industry’s video as they appear in the Pond5 stock video catalog:
- Young asian woman smiling face
- Young hispanic man smiling at camera
- Portrait Of Young Happy Handsome Man In Glasses
- Friendly Female Barista In A Coffee Shop Serving Customers
- Young Pretty Woman Working As Florist In Shop And Smiling (Note: they color-adjusted the apron so it’s Starbucks green!)
- Attractive Female Business Owner On The Phone Behind The Counter Of Her Shop
- African American Woman Close Looks Up Smiles Into Camera
- Man Looking At Seattle Skyline